Thursday, July 25, 2013

July PTI Blog hop



 Blog-hop-logo
Yes, it's time again for another PTI blog hop.  Nicole gave us some fun, summery color combinations to work with.  There were two I was immediately drawn to, but decided to play around with all 6.  WARNING - I may have a bit of an obsession with the Chevron cover plate.  If you don't share this obsession, or are concerned that it's contagious, please close this window NOW!!!!!!

I cut a cover plate from each of the colors in the challenge.  I ended up with quite a few cards, which is great.  Now I'm a week early for my card club (as opposed to finishing LATE the night before we meet.)  Thanks to my little teether, there's no sentiments yet.  But hey, CAS is very trendy, right?

Fruits-of-Summer-1


Yes, I did loose two green triangles on my way out to take pictures.  I'm sure my little one will find them when she starts crawling and eating everything on the floor.
Fruits-of-Summer-5
 These cards are much more pleasing in real life.  They make me want citrus fruit.  Oh well, I guess that's what you get from a cheap camera.  Bad pictures, not citrus fruit.  Unless you're taking the "if life gives you lemons" route.  Dang, now I need lemonade too :)






Fruits-of-Summer-4
I think these are my favorite ones.  Just loved how they turned out - in real life.  You'll just have to take my word that it's limeade ice, not yellow.  So cheery and fun.

Fruits-of-Summer-6
Ok, one last one for me.  I had a harder time with this color combo, so I just put the chevrons on a grey cover plate, and it worked much better.  Still not my favorite, but at least I tried going outside my comfort zone. 


Here's all of them together.  Yes, that's my lovely deck underneath.  My little helper was with me for this picture, so only had one take.


Thanks for looking.  I'll post some follow-ups once I get the sentiments on, as in the afternoon of card club.  And here's my little helper, sleeping peacefully while I try and figure out how to post and crop all these pictures.


4 comments:

  1. Wow what fun cards! And your helper is such a cutie- Irma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards!
    Your daughter is beautiful-- look at those lovely cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cover plate in your bright colors. Your sweetie is a living doll! Love the pix of her sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the chevron coverplates! That was a great idea!! And, you might not have planned it...but your little helper is wearing colors from the hop. So nice of her to coordinate. ;) She is adorable! I hope her teeth move in quickly and don't cause many more issues for her!

    ReplyDelete